Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Brain Drain

Holy hell! This sober mind is an interesting place. I’m actually a bit sick of how busy it is getting up in here! It seems as if I am CONSTANTLY obsessing about sobriety. The way I used to about alcohol. I am less an less thinking of WANTING to drink, but constantly aware that I don’t drink. I am not sad or angry (I was) about having to be sober. I am at peace with that decision, (today) but this constant awareness of it, is pissing me off! When will this not be my focus? I love blogging, and reading blogs and boozy memoirs, but in the last two days, I read a 460 page teen book, just to escape it all! Good read actually… Whaler. Anyway…. I have no idea if this makes any sense at all, but when you stop bending your brain, then what suggestions do you have for shutting it off? At what point does (and please say it does) your life not revolve around sobriety?

~Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment